Authoring & Content
D.I.Y, Vasto Authoring & Purchased Content
With Vasto’s in-built LMS you can deliver your content seamlessly on all devices. Whether it’s simple auto-assess, file/video upload or short answer options or advanced SCORM or LTI (Moodle, Canvas, Catapult etc), Vasto LMS means keystroke level transparency on all learning activities with flexible workflow options to deliver your learning and assessments.
D.I.Y Vasto LMS Authoring
All Vasto subscribers receive training in authoring content. We’ll help you learn how to break up and utilise your existing materials quickly and efficiently to create practical, engaging content for your students. You’ll build content with tools and tips to help your students on their learning path including:
– HTML or plain text questions
– Modular question bank
– Modular exam structures
– Auto and manually assessed questions
– File upload/submissions
– Tips and Hints for students
– Benchmarks for assessors
– Embedded video & other multi media
– External links/references
– Attached resources with unlimited size
– Bookmarks and sticky notes for students
– SCORM package implementation
– Practical assessment skills & outcomes
Tips On Store Bought Content - Before You Buy
Buying ready made content can help you get started or add new courses quickly however there are a few tips which may help you decide what you need before you purchase. Content can be expensive so do your due diligence before you buy. Vasto software does not sell content.
- Is the material suitable for online and blended delivery?
- Is it ‘face to face’ material that needs a lot of work for online?
- Do you have full control and ownership of the materials?
- Is the supplier guaranteeing or suggesting it’s compliant?
- Can you edit learner guides AND assessments?
- Does it have assessment benchmarks?
- Is it mapped and a good fit for your TAS?
- Are you locked into a particular LMS for delivery?
- If it’s in an external LMS, is the LMS LTI compliant?
- How current is the material?
- Does it comply with the current package rules?
- If there’s SCORM content, is it setup correctly?
If you would like a content audit for online or blended delivery with cloud based LMS platforms please contact us for further information before you buy.
Vasto Content Development Partners
Vasto’s network of content development partners are avilable to assist you in authoring, upgrading and transposing content. Vasto content partners work with;
- Vasto exam creation
- Moodle (for use in our LMS)
- Canvas (for use in our LMS)
- Hard copy, workbook style learning
Please contact us for information on our referral partners to help with your content authoring and implementation into our LMS.
Vasto Content Transposing Service
If you’re time poor or have a large range of courses to build in Vasto, we offer a tailored authoring service. We request sample courseware to assess the time needed to build your material. From this we can provide indicative pricing and timeframes to author in Vasto. We provide 10 hour blocks of authoring time or quote on a unit by unit basis.
We can utilise most formats of your existing content, mixing and matching to build effective student learning pathways including:
– Text files
– Graphics / Images
– Video & audio files
– PDF documents
– Powerpoint presentations
– SCORM packages
– LTI content
Features & Tools
Portals 6 Levels
Business Growth Tools
Alerts & Reminders
Invoicing & Payments
Work Tasks Manager
Vasto & Xero
Track & Communicate
Report & Export
Call (02) 9188 9491
- or -
Our 20-30 minute executive introduction will address your key concerns and needs. We’ll demonstrate top level improvements and workflows specifically relevant to you.
Our tailored deep dive demonstration (60+ minutes) with a product specialist illustrates workflows and benefits across the SMS & LMS from enrolment to certificate to help you streamline and grow based on your current challenges and future needs.
Just need a quick 20 minute needs analysis? CLICK HERE TO BOOK A TIME
Let's talk about your unique needs and workflows
Core Features & Tools
Seamless E-Learning delivery with integrated Vasto LMS. 16 Activity types to cover Practicals, eLearning, Virtual Classroom, File Upload. Manual & Auto asessment with in-built communications.